A complete remodeling of your home could end up being very expensive. While this usually is worth the investment you make since it will increase the value of your home, sometimes, you just don’t have the budget to make it happen. If this is the case with you, here are 30 clever and simple remodeling ideas for 2017 which won’t have you breaking the bank:
- Move furniture around. This can be easy and fast. It’s a poignant way of sprucing up any room with minimum effort.
- This could be expensive or cheap. Even a few new couches can go a long way in making a room feel completely new.
- There are alternatives to carpet. You could go with tile or hardwood if you can afford this.
- Something simple like putting fresh pillows on a couch or adding new blinds or curtains can help make a living room look new and fresh.
- There are many bathrooms which feel cramped and small. Focus mainly on space-saving designs which make the rooms feel airy and light.
- Getting sufficient storage space in newly remodeled bathrooms is very important too. Don’t forget to keep space for your toiletries and towels.
- No one wants shadowy spots in their bathroom. Vanity lighting and overhead lights can help with this.
- Classic colors and materials are much better over time as opposed to passing fads.
- Pick something you have dreamed of keeping in your bathroom and add it to your list. Remodeling is the best time to get it done.
- Cutting corners on labor or materials will only result in a look that is unprofessional and will disappoint over time. DIY projects are much more popular nowadays too. But you shouldn’t risk it, get a professional.
- Modern fixtures are water efficient. Find out about any water saving fixtures or devices you could use. This could help reduce your water bill.
- Figure out what you really want before you invest time and money in this remodeling project. This will ensure that you soak up maximum satisfaction.
- Don’t replace cabinets. Remodel the doors and then repaint the frames instead.
- There are a lot of remodeling projects which are forced because of old appliances. If you are replacing your appliances, consider getting energy saving appliances.
- If you want a stone finish counter top, flip the switch for laminated wood or stained concrete. It’s a cheaper alternative.
- If you are remodeling your kitchen, consider new flooring. Something like cork tiles can help increase the value of your kitchen significantly.
- You could also consider molded ceiling designs. They can help add beauty to just about any kitchen.
- A terrific idea when remodeling your basement is to find a suitable contractor who is willing to do the job at a lower price.
- You could also consider using alternative materials for this. You will find lots of them in the current market, and they are a lot cheaper as compared to traditional materials. Use cheap wood substitutes to reduce the cost without sacrificing quality.
- If you have trouble finding ideas, go online and search for new ones. This is one of the best sources for new ideas. You will find hundreds of remodeling ideas online.
- One of the most vital aspects when it comes to bathroom design are the coloring, objects, and location. If you can plan these three, the rest should be much easier to deal with.
- Once again, doing it yourself isn’t an option. Get help from professionals to ensure everything goes by smoothly.
- Always start your remodel from the outside and make your way in. Don’t do it the other way around.
- Try combining small with different types of snazzy. This creates an interesting look for sure.
- Always have the end product in mind when you’re remodeling.
- Energy efficiency is something you should certainly consider during your remodeling project. They aren’t just smart decisions; they’re smart investments too.
- Try opening up rooms as much as you possibly can.
- Try paying as much as you can using cash. Dealing with financial institutions can be aggravating.
- Remember, the cheapest price could be more costly in the end.
- Lastly, don’t forget to have fun. It’s an experience, not a job.